Friday, February 5, 2010

Celebrate the Little Things?

The past month has been rough. There were fires that popped-up all around that were out of my control. After a few pity-parties and a few "woe is me" moments, I had a revelation. It hasn't all been bad. In fact, these fires that started could very well be God moving instead of Satan attacking. I don't say this lightly, it has been after a few weeks of prayer and talking to others that I know are people of prayer.
Here's the thing. Stuff came up that was painful to go through. It affected a lot of people. It isn't over yet. But still even through this, there are reasons to celebrate. I was calling it "celebrating the small stuff." The more I think about it though, these things I need to celebrate aren't really small at all. They are definitely things that I couldn't do on my own and only come from God.
In that revelation, came a further revelation. There are many big things to celebrate. Nothing is small. The only things that are small are the petty fires that pop-up and take our eyes off the big things that are all around us that call for us to celebrate and give glory to God.

1 comment:

  1. :The only things that are small are the petty fires that pop-up and take our eyes off the big things that are all around us that call for us to celebrate and give glory to God."

    So true... personally, I feel like I've been drug through some pretty huge fires lately with little understanding exactly what the fires are, where or how they even came about and that sure makes it hard to keep your eye on the prize. But I have faith in a God who I trust with my whole being and so I strive - sometimes more successfully than others - to remember that its not about ME, its about HIM.

    ReplyDelete